iPedal pilot project
We are delighted that Belfast Bikes are being used to facilitate an exciting new pilot project.
Local cycling technology company,See.Sense is fitting intelligent sensor devices onto 200 of our bikes in July 2017.
This forms part of a collaborative research and development project led by Belfast City Council, and involving Queens University Belfast, Bristol University and BT.
The pilot aims to:
• help create safer cycling in Belfast by gathering anonymised sensor information about journeys taken on the bikes, including road surface condition and any collision or near misses;
• contribute to active living by potentially making cycling safer;
• identify areas where cycling is more popular to feed into possible improvements to infrastructure;
• contribute to the planning of cycle routes; and
• generally improve the cycling experience overall.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Belfast City Council’s Smart Cities Team on 028 9032 0202 ext 4425.